VPE Forum members are executives responsible for software development in rapidly growing, Boston-area technology companies. Members are smart, innovative leaders who collaborate openly, value continuous improvement, and have a passion for making an impact on their companies.
How the Program Works
Membership is by invitation. Members join a dedicated forum that meets 4 times a year for full-day, in-depth sessions. Meetings are expertly prepared and facilitated.
Each agenda includes:
Member challenges– The cornerstone of the program. Members present real challenges and opportunities in a supportive and confidential environment and receive honest insight and guidance that can be applied immediately. Sufficient time is allocated to allow deep dives and lots of discussion.
Reports-outs & Accountability– Each meeting provides an opportunity for members to report back on actions taken, experiments tried and results experienced – all with the goal of helping members move toward their desired outcomes.
Best practice topics– Members prioritize topics to discuss at each meeting. A continually evolving list of topics — all member-driven — encompasses areas key to every software development executive.
Guest Subject Matter Experts– Guests join meetings from time to time to enrich areas of importance to members.
Sample topics our groups have discussed
- Scaling without slowing down
- Remote-first best practices
- Identifying and developing technical leaders
- Driving metrics into the organization
- Data Sovereignty strategy
- Managing up
- Optimizing communications in a fully distributed company
- Legacy portfolio decision making and tradeoffs
- Framing the discussion on investment in infrastructure
- Fostering innovation and org models
- Hiring & Onboarding
Contact us to learn more.